Weather: Partly Cloudy, 60°
Currently Listening to: Sit Next to Me | Foster the People
Winter. Break. Possibly the two most delightful words, individually and together, to exist in the English dictionary. It has been a crazy few months of work and life in general so I am really appreciating this time to rest. My best friend planned a surprise day trip to Palm Springs and Joshua Tree and it was honestly the best way to kick off my break. Everything was so thoughtfully planned, the food was amazing, and I had the best company.
Palm Springs is a desert resort city in California and it's particularly known for it's mid-century modern style (it's seriously like stepping into an episode of Mad Men, minus the booze, smoke, and misogyny). There are many beautiful & stylish hotels to relax at as well as the calmest downtown you'll ever come across in your travels.
- Brunch @ FARM (Eggs Benedict with crab meat was AMAZING)
- Coffee @ Starbucks Reserve
- Birthday Cake ice cream @ Ice Cream & Shoppe
- #ThatPinkDoor, and many other beautiful houses on Sierra Way
- Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs, aka Parker Palm Springs
- Mid-day snack so we don't die of hunger at Joshua Tree @ The Sandwich Spot (SO. FLIPPIN. GOOD. #12 on Dutch Crunch bread. Sandwich, I'm coming back for you.)
- Dinner @ Rooster and The Pig